Monday, October 6, 2014

It's Monday and it's only 45 degrees this morning.  Since the a/c is still on in our building, I am so very grateful for the small space heater that lives under my desk. 

It is bathing my legs with heat which helps to keep the rest of me a bit warmer.  I also have a small triangle shawl draped over my shoulders.  It will be another week before the a/c goes off and the heat comes on.

This is more ArtWalk Sock yarn.  It's called Sold and is inspired by Justyna Kopania.  I really like the painting and the colors the dyer picked up are really perfect.  And of course there is the glittery bits.

I have been quietly plugging away at holiday gift socks while working on other things.  I still have a shawl otn but it's patterned in both directions and takes a bit of concentration.  I also started a pair of mittens for Pk called The Gates of Moria (he was not thrilled with the other pair and frankly, neither was I)

And because I have more ambition than brains, I signed up for Spinzilla.  It's a spinning marathon where length of thread spun is calculated and the longest wins.  I was a Rogue Spinner (I am so not a rogue anything but I li ked the image) but was asked to join a team to help them fill out their numbers.  So I am not a Flying Fibers Spindoll.  This means I have teammates and will have to actually put some effort into this whole thing so as not to let my team down.  Every day after work I can put in an hour or two and since I don't have anything to do for the wedding on Saturday, I should be good.  Kate tried the dress on for one last fitting with shoes and proper underwear and it looks gorgeous.  Everyone has clean dress clothes and shoes and various underpinnings so we're all good.

Friday, Pk and I will have been married 33 years and together as a couple 39.  We are going to spend the day together and have lunch somewhere nice.  I expect the weekend will be a bit hectic.

Someone sent this to me today and I like it so much that I am sharing it with y'all.  It's taken from a quote by Teresa of Avila.  It fills me with peace and good feeling every time I read it.  I hope it does the same for you.  Have a good Monday.

 "Today may there be peace within. May you trust that you are exactly  where you are meant to be.    May you not forget the infinite  possibilities that are born of faith in yourself and others. May you use the gifts that you have received and pass on the love that has been given to you. May you be content with yourself just the way you are. Let this knowledge settle into your bones, and allow your soul the freedom to sing, dance, praise and love. It is there for each and every one of us. " 

2 comments:

Saren Johnson said...

Have fun at the wedding. Congrats on the 33 years. Enjoy your lunch.

DrK said...

well a rather big week in your world really. i know everything went great on saturday and i am very pleased to hear everyone had the correct underpinnings. i remember a quote from somewhere about the importance of good foundation garments! huge congrats on the anniversary, im sure you are both role models for your girls in that regard xx

Happy Sunday!  I am sitting here working on my sweater made with the cashmere yarn my husband gave me for my birthday last year. I’m further...